Sunday 18 August 2013

Thinking Of: Prom Dresses

When I go back to school in September I'm in year 11 (which is 10th grade for you Americans across the pond!). The first thing that springs to mind is yes, completing and (hopefully) passing all of my GCSE's but prom and the end of school festivities is much more exciting to think about! I have a pretty good idea of what sort of dress I am looking for. My prom will be in June time so I will probably get my dress about a month before (or whenever I see one I like). And of course, I thought you'd all be interested in the potential dresses I've seen so far. Obviously, nearer prom season there will be more variety, but I couldn't stop myself from looking! All of the below dresses are ones I like and am considering to actually purchase. Let me know which ones you like in the comments what one's your favourite...
Nail varnish in Limo-Scene - Essie, dress - Topshop Boutique, clutch - Alexander McQueen, heels - Zara.
I for one love this dress, I love how it completely steers clear of your stereotypical prom dress. I first saw it on Kim from Love Cloth and thought she looked stunning so searched for it myself. The colour is very pretty and I would team it with gold accessories for a warm feel. Edge the dress up with straight, matte textured hair but with soft, neutral makeup a la Whitney Port.
Dress - Topshop, nail varnish in Red Nouveau - Essie, clutch - Kotur, bracelet - Eddie Borgo 
Also a beautiful Topshop dress, this soft and romantic dress will instantly make you the belle of the ball. As there is already gold embellishment, I thought I'd pair it with silver accessories for added surprise. The half-up-half-down hair look is probably how I will have my hair and I think it would look incredible against this dress. Very expensive but perfect to wear again to a wedding or any other special occasion.
Dress - ASOS,  shoes and rings - both Topshop, earrings - Lulu Frost
This one's for the bohemian prom queen. I love the free and easy spirit that comes with this dress and again, I love how it's completely different from a typical prom dress. The colour, length and embellishment gives it a bohemian vibe so would team perfectly with either brown gladiator heels or Topshop's strappy silver pair. Add stacked rings and earrings with a textured updo for that perfect boho feel.  
Dress - Coast, heels - Christian Louboutin, clutch - Coast, lipstick in Boom Boom - Topshop
I saw this dress when I was shopping on Saturday and trust me, it's even more beautiful in person (very heavy but beautiful!). Contrary to the other dresses, Coast's teal maxi screams 'prom' and is very elegant and classy. Instead of a classic updo or your everyday look, surprise them all with matte, beachy waves paired with hot, pinky purple lip. 

Dress - Coast, lipstick in Screen Siren - Topshop, clutch  - Coast, shoes - Jimmy Choo
The most elegant and glamorous of them all is this navy blue dress by Coast. For an even more glamorous touch, team the dress with glossy, retro waves and red lips. Or, if you would prefer an updo, try something like this as it is very sleek and polished and pair it with a bright pink lipstick as in the previous pairing above. This dress is very pretty although, for £175 I'm not sure if it stands out enough for me.

Let me know in the comments below what dress is your favourite and how you would wear it. Thanks for reading!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig