Tuesday 21 May 2013

Tuesday Ten: Beyond Staples...

We always read about the 'staples', 'must-haves' and 'essentials' to be in one's wardrobe. But an LBD and a classic blazer will only go so far. It's time to go beyond the staples, I guess you could say that this is a sort of 'not your average staples staples' post, but hopefully you all know what I mean! Here are 10 pieces that should be in your wardrobe that are often forgotten about (don't worry, I'm a little confused too)...


  1. An alternative to an LBD - Why not try a little white dress (LWD) or something flamboyant and daring. I'm loving this ladylike one by Oscar De La Renta.
  2. Try chinos - As much as I love skinny jeans a flirty skirt, there's nothing better than a good pair of chinos. I love wearing mine rolled up with a striped breton top, espadrilles and oversized sunnies.
  3. A leather jacket - Now a leather jacket may seem like a wardrobe staple, but you'll be surprised at how many people don't actually own one. If you already have one, why not try a different colour, shape or style? I personally adore Rag & Bone's navy biker jacket, it's a good alternative to black or brown.
  4. Printed graphic tees - I know, cheesy printed tees that you wore when you were a teen still haunts you to this day (c'mon, we all had a t-shirt with either a rainbow or a flower on it, right?!) but worn correctly and they can instantly look stylish. Take tips from this video to help you or why not purchase this straight away.
  5. Versatile shorts - Everyone needs a good pair of shorts that they can wear pretty much everywhere - from a beach to even a wedding. This pair is can be dressed up or down.
  6. A summer jacket - This is what I'm currently looking for. On chilly summer evening or on a rainy day (hmmm, I'm used to them!) it's nice to have something to pull over your shoulders. I'm drooling over this one by Halston Heritage
  7. A coloured pair of jeans - Nothing beats a classic blue pair of jeans but hey, were not looking at basics! A coloured pair are a great alternative to ordinary blue and will instantly add colour to a boring outfit. 
  8. A neutral maxi skirt - Same with the shorts really, a good maxi skirt can be worn anywhere. As a quick cover-up as you're coming off the beach or attending a wedding paired with a cropped blazer and silky top. Tibi's pale pink one is lovely and can be worn with anything.
  9. Try a quirky clutch - Forget those cheap, fake leather, floppy ones. Secure your spot in the limelight with Charlotte Olympia's quirky clapperboard clutch. It's a great conversation starter and will add a bit of whizz to an LBD on your net night out.
  10. Colourful printed scarves - Scarves are my best friends. On days where I just feel like throwing on a plain black tee, skinny jeans and ankle boots - I simply throw on a flamboyant scarf and boom, it instantly boosts my outfit. If only I had this Alexander McQueen scarf. Amazing. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig