Monday 2 June 2014

Brand Review: Percy & Reed...


I've always favoured high-end hair products; my love affair with Tigi Bed Head has lasted longer than I can remember. There's something so much more luxurious about the packaging, the scent and of course, the results. I have no idea why, and needless to say this probably just applies to me, but normal drugstore hair brands such as L'Oréal or John Freida don't seem to work on my hair very well. There are some products from particular ranges that I like but very few. Then one day, after receiving a sample of the Wonder Balm in an issue of Elle, my heart turned towards Percy & Reed.

I love the Wonder balm (details below) and decided to go out and buy a few more of the P&R products; that's when I saw a handy little kit consisting of 6 products for £12.00 (a discounted price). So, I've tried quite a few products from the line; but I don't intend to stop there!

The loves:
  • Wonder Balm - A miracle, weightless, leave-in balm that preps and primes your hair for styling (and makes following products work more efficiently). This balm is all you need for beautiful, healthy looking and flawless hair. It can be used on wet and/ or dry hair. 
  • Dry Conditioner - My go-to product for when my hair is feeling dry, tangled or lacks shine. 
  • Dry Shampoo - You can't go wrong with a good dry shampoo - I'd definitely say this is just as good as the Batiste one. 

The likes: 
  • Texturising Spray - I think this is now continued but nonetheless, you may still to grab your hands on it. I like this product but I don't love it; it's really no different to any other texturising spray and if too much is used, it can make your hair feel a little dry and crispy. 
  • Session Hold Hairspray - Again, nothing in particular that makes this hairspray stand out from others (apart from the incredible smell). 
  • Bodifying Cream - This is a great product for an instant-look as it does offer great body to hair but I do find after a few hours it does leave the hair looking a little 'deflated' ha! 

The leaves: 
  • Finishing Polish - Don't get me wrong, I still like this product and will continue to use it but it won't be one that I'll repurchase. It is a waxy cream that aims in giving a soft and flexible hold and moisture; which it does. However, I just find it leaves hair feeling a bit dry and matted; but this is a great product for every-now-and-then use to achieve styles like beachy waves.

On the 'to-buy' list:

Overall I really, really love Percy & Reed - it's my go-to hair line from now on (sorry Tigi). The prices are good, the packaging is lovely, the smell (in all the products) is gorgeous and above all, it's sold in Space NK (need I say more?).

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig