Friday 27 November 2015

A Wave Goodbye To Acne, For Good


Until a few months ago, my acne was getting worse and worse. It was probably the worst I had ever seen it. I was getting spots on parts of my face that I never used to, and it was spreading on my back. Prior to this, I had already visited the doctor about my skin; they prescribed me a tablet that just didn't work for me. My skin was irritated, dry and flaky. So when it began getting worse I decided another trip to the doctors was needed. And finally my skincare prayers were answered.


I was prescribed the anti-biotic Lymecycline. Rather annoyingly, this capsule takes roughly two months (of one tablet everyday) to start seeing results. At first, I was really frustrated - I just kept thinking that once again these weren't working. However after the two months I began to realise that I wasn't getting any new spots. I still had bad scarring and a couple of hormonal spots but it was definetly an improvement.

Today, I still get the occasional hormonal spot around the chin or jawline, however, it is nowhere near as bad as it used to be and for the first time in three years, I can finally say I'm happy and proud of my skin. My scarring, or for the proper term, post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation, is still relatively bad, however due to the tablets and a good skincare regimen, I can already see it fading.

Along with the anti-biotics, I made sure to keep my skincare routine as natural and simple as possible. I used the Nuxe Rose Comforting Cleansing Milk and Embryolisse Lait-Creme Moisturiser every day and night and they worked a miracle. The cleanser soothes, hydrates and repairs skin while banishing any excess oil or dirt. The moisturiser is deeply hydrating but not sticky or tacky. I can't recommend these products enough - particularly if you have combination skin too.

I am in no shape or form a skincare expert and I understand that everyone's skin is different. Therefore, don't take my advice too seriously, although this all worked for me, it may not for everyone. Additionally, be sure to always check with a doctor/ GP/ dermatologist before taking any medication.

If you have any comments or questions then feel free to tweet, email or leave me a comment below! Hope you all had a great week!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig