Wednesday 29 March 2017

A Birthday in Bath Part 1


Surprisingly, I've seen very little of the UK. I know London like the back of my hand, where I live (just outside central London) I also know pretty well, and throw a bit of the southern coast in there too. However, apart from these few places, I've seen little more. So, in a bid to do and see something different for my mine and mother's birthdays, we drove to Bath for a very British weekend away.


And no British weekend-away is complete without the following: a pub, a cottage and a splash of rain. I can happily report we ticked off all three!

We stayed in a beautiful cottage which is a part of the Northey Arms Pub - a fab ten minute drive from central Bath. I cannot recommend staying here enough. The rooms were decorated in all things elegant, fresh and spring-like, with not a spot of dust or dirt in sight. Plus, since it's situated just outside of the city, the countryside views and calming quietness were second to none, making this getaway truly refreshing and relaxing.


The bathroom, spotlessly clean and calm, equally matched the cosy feminine interior.


And since it was rather cold and windy outside, I thought I'd snap a quick OOTD before things got a little messy (and it's safe to say they did). 

Paired with a classic pair of jeans courtesy of Topshop, I wrapped up warm in my Zara shearling jacket (similar) with a beautifully smart and sleek, bell-sleeved blouse underneath. 

And to accessorize, a brolly was in hand at all times.

After a considerably steep and dangerous drive up the Italian-esque hills (who knew Bath was so mountainous!), we arrived at Lucknam Park for afternoon tea.

Before we settled ourselves in for the afternoon, we had a quick snoop around the gardens, all of us equally fulfilling our Alice In Wonderland fantasies.


With luxury heritage as its core value, Lucknam Park is a cosy home-away-from-home. 

At first glance, you'd be forgiven for thinking this place is rather pretentious, and dare I say - snobby? Yet, it was quite the opposite. The friendly staff and comfortable ambiance of this countryside retreat made for quite the setting for afternoon tea, and the perfect London city escape.


How beautiful is my Nan!


We snuggled up by the crackling fire (sounds wintry I know - but it was sure cold in Bath!), ordered up, and sipped away.


My family are big fans of afternoon teas, but I think we all came to an agreement that this was the best yet. Though the staff failed in explaining what was in each sandwich or the flavour of the desserts (a key thing to know before diving in), we devoured it all within minutes.

The sandwiches were light, fresh and classic in filling.

The scones were delightfully fluffy, smooth and buttery, and perfect with clotted cream and jam.

And the cakes and sweet treats can speak for themselves...


I told you we were more than happy!


Before the wind storm settled in for the night, we continued our exploration of the gardens.


We finished the day by driving back to our stay, each ordering up a glass of wine by the fire and heading to bed rather content and snoozy. What we did the next day shall remain a mystery until the next post!


Thanks for reading!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig