Tuesday 8 October 2013

Tuesday Ten: Jackets & Coats You Need this Season...

I've already mentioned before about my obsession for shopping for jackets and coats. Of course, they are a necessity for autumn and winter (that's my excuse for trying to convince myself that I really do need that Barbour jacket). The thing that makes it difficult for us (and our purses too rather) is that there are so many versions of a particular thing, e.g. A trench coat can come in all colours, all lengths, different buttons, lapels etc. But, how do you really decide? I've narrowed it down to just ten classic jackets and coats (yes, just ten) that you need for your most stylish, chicest autumn and winter yet...

  1. Trench coat - These are all I'm seeing at the moment when I step into Zara and French Connection. I'm really liking relaxed, loose shapes this season (as in the picture above).
  2. Barbour-style jackets - Those wavy, oversized 'farmer' jackets will be your best friend come the strong chills and snowy days of winter. Pair them with super skinny jeans, a fedora and a chunky Chelsea boots a la Alexa Chung.
  3. Structured & grey - Perfect for both to the office and at the weekends. This, this and this are great options.
  4. Think pink - Pink coats are a huge must-have for autumn 2013. They are universally flattering and brightens up a dull winter's day. 
  5. Your boyfriends jacket - I love these androgynous, oversized jackets that have been around for a little while now but are officially a wardrobe staple. I hear that Topshop and H&M do some purse-friendly versions.
  6. Blazers - Always the classic wardrobe staple, this season it has been updated into British heritage tweeds. Take a look at my Glossi for inspo.
  7. Classic camel - Everyone needs a coat that will go with everything and always look chic.
  8. Hello orange - Alongside pretty pink, orange is the perfect pick me-up to brighten those dreary wintery days.
  9. A-line - There's nothing better than cinching in all of those bulky layers!
  10. Anything slouchy - So often in autumn and winter, we get caught up in a bulk of chunky layers and finish the look of with a structured coat or jacket. However, sometimes it's nice to throw on something loose and slouchy.  

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig