Tuesday 28 January 2014

Tuesday Ten: The Blogger Made Me Buy It Tag!


I’ve seen this tag popping up a lot lately over on my reading list at Bloglovin' and I just had to do it myself.  Beauty blogs are my go-to for product recommendations, reviews and swatches so this is the perfect tag to take part in, and rather than tagging a few people, I want to tag you all so please do it for yourself and let me know in the comments! Although I am mainly a fashion blogger, I do give beauty blogging a go sometimes and love it!


2. Who are the ones that you really rely on for reviews and swatches?
Lily Pebbles, Vivianna Does Makeup and Amelia Liana.

3. Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers, or do you look for more reviews from others?
I like to read a few reviews of a product before going ahead and purchasing it for myself because products can work differently for people so a balanced view is always helpful. We all have different skin types so getting a few varied opinions is always a good idea. I’m one of these people that spends hours researching products before buying them but I suppose that’s not such a bad thing - I’m hardly ever disappointed by my purchases.

4. What is your most favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
My favourite item has to be the L'oréal True Match Foundation; I've used this for about a year and a half now. Personally, I blame it all on Fleur (she reviewed it in a haul a few years back), but recently Amelia Liana has compared it to the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation which is a perfect comparison as it really does feel like a high-end product on the skin. I love this foundation not only for the price tag of £9.99, but for the amazing buildable coverage, the semi-matte finish, the glow it gives the skin and other beautiful traits it boasts. 

5. What is your least favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
I have to say it's probably the Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder. Firstly, although the 'chocolate bar' packaging is cute, it's not really practical, nor is the smell that great either. And secondly, the product has a really stiff pigment (the product doesn't really go on the brush) so it takes about 30 big swirls to just get a light dusting. Although a lot of people really love this product, I won't be buying it again. Instead, I might opt for the Nars Laguna Bronzer or Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze and Glow

6. Name 5 products you have bought recently as a result of blogs.
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder

7. Have you ever given into blogger hype?  If so, which hype?
For Christmas 2012, my sister bought me the Benefit POREfessional Primer and boy oh boy, if you've never tried this before you must. It has a silky texture which glides beautifully onto the skin, it gives a matte finish to the skin whilst letting a natural radiance seek through, not forgetting that it makes foundation last a hundred times longer. 

8. Have you ever avoided blogger hype?  If so, which hype?
Everyone is obsessed with the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. I am too - those delicate rose golds must look really pretty dusted lightly onto the lid. Personally though, I prefer wearing slightly more sludgy colours such as dusty browns, beige and grey.  

9. Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking out a review?
If I'm thinking about buying a product, I will always research it to make sure I'm not wasting money, or to make sure it doesn't react with my skin; it’s great because I’m always finding new blogs to follow thanks to my constant Googling of products!

And to make this a Tuesday Ten, I've popped in one of my own questions...

10. Name a product that everybody loves that you hate...
I personally really don't like the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo (which has now been renamed to the Effaclar Duo + Anti-Blemish Cream). I have combination skin but I get lots of spots due to hormones, so I thought I'd give this a shot. It just didn't really do anything, although unfortunately, I did notice that my skin peeled a little bit (as if I'd been sun burnt) the day after. The sickly raspberry smell doesn't appeal to me at all either. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig