Sunday 19 August 2012

How To: Jennifer Lopez's Textured Wavy Ponytail


Sigh. How does it look so good? I'm in absolute love after seeing Jennifer Lopez on the red carpet yesterday. Her hair's just so beachy, so big, so wavy, so not-perfect, so...ahh too many words. Enough jibber-jabber, want to re-create this look? Here's how (I'm excited too)...

Use your normal shampoo and conditioner but if you have fine hair, use a thickening shampoo and conditioner.

1) Tackle frizz when wet. Although Jennifer's hair is messy, it's not frizzy. To avoid frizz, apply a generous amount of oil (I use this one, but this and this is good too) on mid-lengths to ends of soaking wet hair.

2) I want a big one please. To get the gigantic volume Jennifer has, use a volumizing spray all over the hair (I can't get enough of this spray) or, if thickness is what your hair craves then use a texturizing gel like Bed Head's Manipulator.

3) Time to dry. If you have naturally curly/wavy hair then let your hair air dry. If not then use a diffuser at the end of your blow-dryer to create natural waves. If you must, then curl your hair but remember its waves that we want not curls.

4) My little pony. After your mane (yes, I did just say that) is fully dry, take an elastic and pull your hair right up to the top of your head, making sure the front is tight. Secure.

5) Wrap it around. Take a small section of your hair and wrap it around the hair tie and secure with bobby pins for a polished look.

6) The finale. Work a little curling cream/sea salt spray into hair and mess up the waves. Big time. Back come the top of the ponytail for more volume. Finish with hairspray and voila. Now all you need is killer curves and glamorous makeup and you could be Jennifer Lopez!

Hope you all enjoy re-creating this look. I've tried many times and I actually love it. Speak soon...

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. thanks for sharing this :) J.Lo looks fantastic in this picture *_*

    xoxo FlirtingwithFashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I couldn't resist not sharing how to re-create the look with everyone! Thank you so much for looking at my blog and commenting :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig