Friday 13 June 2014

Summer Essentials...


As June officially marks the first month of summer, I thought it was only fitting that I create a summer essentials post - all you need to survive the long, hot summery days of 2014. The thing with the weather in the UK is if we do occasionally get a sunny day it is usually completely unexpected and comes out of nowhere after weeks of pouring rain. However, lately, we've had a few weeks of non-stop glorious weather; but I've certainly needed a few products to get me in that summery mood.

CHECKLIST:
  1. SPF - We all know the benefits of using suncream so I won't bore you with more information but instead tell you a few of my favourites. I love the Hawaiian Tropic Protective Sun Lotion SPF 30 (and indeed, the whole range), Soltan Suncare Lotion SPF 15 and the Caudalie Face Suncare SPF 50.
  2. Hand Cream - As our hands are one of the only parts of the body that is always exposed, the sun causes our hands to age over time. Hello wrinkles and sun spots. Make sure you always carry a hand cream, I like the Soap and Glory Hand Food, and even better, find one with an SPF in it. 
  3. Lip Balm - The hot weather makes us dehydrated, making our lips parched. I swear by the Nuxe Reve de Miel one as it is the only lip balm that truly works.
  4. Facial Tanner - If you're anything like me (i.e pale as a ghost) and never tan nor burn then a good ol' facial tanner is what you need to give you that summer, bronzed glow. Build up a honey-golden tan with the Clarins Liquid Bronze Self-tanning Lotion (which is also great for the skin and smells amazing).
  5. Body Tanner - You can't have a bronzed face without a bronzed body, can you? My sister and I l.o.v.e the Garnier Summer Body Sun-Kissed Moisture Lotion and the St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse.
  6. Perfume - Spray a good spritz of your favourite perfume to hide fake tan smell, sweat (gross) or when you just want to freshen up. I adore the & Other Stories Fig Body Mist but I love the smell of my sister's Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess perfume. 
  7. Powder  - For summer, I hate to wear anything liquid based as my skin is too oily, everything just melts off! Therefore I swear by the M.A.C Studio Fix Powder Foundation as it gives great, buildable coverage, a semi-matte finish and feels as light as air. 
Where are you going on holiday this summer?! 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig