Monday 23 June 2014

The Makeup Edit: Prom...


It's my year 11 prom tomorrow and you all know me, the makeup was planned weeks ago. I'm not one for heavy makeup, or makeup to make myself appear older; instead, I opt for makeup that looks fresh, natural, and youthful. Therefore a light grey/brown smokey eye and a peachy nude lip is perfect, and compliments my dress wonderfully. Fluttery lashes, plump cheeks and a dewy finish is exactly the look I'll be going for.

To begin, I'll start with a light pat of lip balm to prepare the lips for products later. Then, for base, I will be using the Smashbox PhotoFinish Primer, and a mix of the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation and the Origins CC Cream on top. While letting those products sink into the skin, I'll move over onto eyes.

The Urban Decay Primer Potion is much needed to keep eyeshadows in place; a light sweep of the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze will also help with longevity. Then, with the Naked 1 palette, pack on a light dusting of Sin all over the lid, with Buck and Naked in the crease. For the outer corners, I'll be using a mix of Toasted and Hustle, with a very small amount of Gunmetal packed on top all over the lid, and blend. Finish the look with a thin line of black eyeliner and mascara.

For brows, I'll be filling them in with M.A.C's powder in Charcoal Brown and brushing them through with Maybelline's Brow Drama Gel.

Going back to skin, I'll be perfecting my skin with concealer on blemishes and under the eyes, a dust of the Bourjois blusher in Rose D'or and Body Shop Honey Bronzer, a light sweep of the Dior Amber Diamond on top of the cheekbones to highlight, and finally, the Rimmel Stay Matte powder.

For lips, all that is needed is the Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in Coral Queen.

Done! It may all sound a lot on paper (or, in this case, on screen) but it's certainly not. This look is very natural, and with a few products taken out and tweaked, can be worn for an easy everyday look.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig