- Scrub Those Gams - I recommend Soap&Glory's Breakfast Scrub. A great scrub will slough away dead skin cells, leaving your legs polished and primed for increased moisturizer absorption. To make your own, simply mix together olive oil and sea salt with a squeeze of lemon juice until it's a thick paste.
- Moisturize - Twice a day - once in the morning (after your shower) and at night before you go to bed.
- Shave Smart - After shaving your legs, use an alcohol-free lotion to avoid razor burn and irritation.
- Sit Tight - Although you should be exercising your legs regularly anyway, a good toning/ firming serum is always a good start. I haven't used it yet, but I've read tons of amazing reviews about Soap&Glory's Sit Tight Intense XS Body Firming Serum which helps reduce the appearance of cellulite, plus firms, re-hydrates and smoothes skin.
- Be Mindful - Especially with what you put into your body! Be sure to really cut down on your intake of refined sugars and salt.
- Glug It Down - Staying hydrated is also really important if you want to reduce bloating and water retention. How is keeping hydrated important for legs? Well, keeping hydrated improves skin moisture (and then of course...other obvious reasons as to keeping hydrated) which is important for silky legs.
- Lunge, lift and squat - To keep your legs lovely year round, get in the habit of squeezing in a few sets of lunges, leg lifts and squats every day. This will totally pay off come summertime.
- Long, Lean Legs - Try Kaboose's 10-minute leg toning exercises. They're super easy and work great. Do ballet-style plies, calf/heel raises, hip abduction and walking lungs.
- Rub In Oil - oil? For your legs? Yes, really - oil is actually essential for the body. You know when you see an advert and the model has really shiny legs? She/he uses body oil.
- Keep it tan - Nothing slims your legs like a great tan! My favourite is St. Tropez Gradual tanner, it doesn't rub off on whites or bedding, streak or look orange. A gradual tanner is good because you can build up the tan so it looks more natural.
Tuesday, 19 June 2012
Tuesday Ten: Tips For Skirt-Ready Legs...
© All Things Foxy. All rights reserved.