Friday 15 November 2013

Photo Diary: Carnaby Street Christmas Fair...

It's been a long while since I did one of these, but I am thinking of making them a regular occurrence. I thought as I'm doing some rather fun things on the lead up to Christmas that I would take you guys along with me.

Last night I went to the Carnaby Street Christmas Fair where the theme involved a flock of giant robins; the lights on the arches spanning Carnaby Street were switched on and the whole area was in party mood. There was free drink and food, goodie bags and a talk in Kingly Court on current trends from Grazia’s editor-at-large Angela Buttolph (which I'll be going into further detail in a later post). And hey, here's the best part, all the of the shops had 20% discount - making Christmas shopping all the more better!



We arrived in the mist of the hustle and bustle of rush hour where everybody gazed at the '12 days of Christmas' lights glistening on Oxford St.

Shuffling our ways through the crowds to the wonderfully peaceful Liberty's, we, once again, longingly stared at the captivating lights.



Liberty's is always one of my favourite places to visit in London, especially during the festive season, partly due to the pretty Christmas and lights. 



Our tummy's were rumbling and I was craving for a big, fat, juicy burger (to put it ladylike). And, you can't walk past Carnaby Burger Co, smelling that beefy, barbecue smell without at least peering in and taking another whiff. I ordered the Barbecue Beef which also contains smoked bacon, melted cheese, onion rings and bbq sauce. While my sister had the Original Tex Mex (fresh guacamole, crispy bacon and jalapeños).

With our stomach's stuffed (and our belt loops loosened), we decided to have a stroll down the street, where thousands of robins were flying above our heads and Christmas music was blaring out of everywhere.




Now for the fun part. My sister and I just happened to walk past what we thought was a 'fashion library'. But, it turned out to be Grazia's editor Angela Buttolph talking about fashion! A girl can't walk past that now can she? She talked us through key autumnal trends and  her personal style. 



Our little adventure soon came to an end. London's quite like Alice's rabbit hole cleverly disguised as a city; in which you leave wondering if it was all just a dream. 


SHARE:

1 comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig