Monday 24 November 2014

Brand Review: Origins



Considering my last brand review was quite successful, I've decided to do another. This time, I'm taking it from haircare to skincare. Origins, my ultimate favourite skincare brand, are being put to the test. I've tried and tested many, many products - some have just been testers, most have been full-sized but I've still got a strong opinion. Above are the products I currently own but below are a list; split into love, like and leave categories; of the products that I've accumulated over the years...

LOVE:
  • Drink-Up Intensive Mask - The winter weather can really take its toll on skin; slurping up every last drop of moisture. Likewise in summer, the hot sun can also dry up our skin. Look no further than this product; this provides hydration and moisture, and plumps and smooths the skin.  I've asked for this again for Christmas as I seriously love it so much. I find it also helps with my acne and scarring. A serious recommend for all skin-types.
  • Ginzing Refreshing Scrub Cleanser - This exfoliating cleanser wakes up skin in a second; adding luminosity and radiance straight back into skin. The gentle exfoliating beads, jojoba and carnuba wax gently slough off dead skin cells, while the panax ginseng, grapefruit, lemon, spearmint and caffeine (phew!) instantly make the skin glow. Only slight critisim? It can be a little drying if you apply too much; only use a 1p size amount and slather with water. 
  • Ginzing Energy-Boosting Moisturiser - Following in its mother's footsteps; the moisturiser is just as brilliant. With the same powerful ingredients; this gel-formulated product ensures light moisture to the skin; perfect for summer.
  • High Potency Night-A-Mins - Wake up with glowy, radiant, plump, hydrated and healthy skin with just one product. With vitamins C, E and H, minerals and moisture-rich replenishers helping to repair and renew your skin, while the relaxing aromas lull you to sleep. 
  • Ginzing Refreshing Eye Cream - Yes, the whole of the Ginzeng range is simply beautiful and so effective! The eye cream is awakening, stimulating, brightening, hydrating and refreshing - that's no exaggeration, it really does do all that. Unsightly bags and as-dark-as-can-be circles are instantly yesterday's news.
  • Make a Difference Plus Night Cream (NEW!) - Oh how I adore this - I hope to buy the full size soon as I currently only have a small sample. This product is very similar to Night-A-Mins however the ingredients are slightly different but just as powerful; they ensure your skin is fully repaired, and help to create a reservoir to help replenish surface moisture after dark. I would say this is better for ageing skin, whereas Night-A-Mins I would recommend for all skin types.
LIKE:
  • Origins Smarty Plants CC Cream - This glides on like a dream, and blends beautifully. My only slight criticism would be one; the colour range and two; the colour shade itself. I use the lightest colour but it's quite orange for me, however, I just mix it in with a lighter foundation for a flawless finish.
  • Super Spot Remover - Besides the hefty price considering the size of the bottle, this products works wonders. Dab continuously on a blemish throughout the day, or leave on overnight and your blemish will be gone in just a few days. You can really feel the product working on your skin (it's slightly tingly) and even after a few hours, results are already showing.
  • Clear Improvement Mask - Don't get me wrong by putting this product in the 'like' category. I have a slight love-hate relationship with this mask. I think the best way to use it is to apply a thick layer onto skin and then place your head over a bowl of steaming water for 20 minutes to really open the pores and let the mask work its wonders. On the other hand, I think just left on the skin, it can dry a bit flaky and not work as effectively. Another good tip: mix this with a hydrating mask too (Drink-Up Intensive for example, or I hear Aesop also do a brilliant alternative).
LEAVE:
  • Spot Remover Blemish Treatment Pads - I only tried two of these are part of a tester so I don't hold a particularly strong opinion on them however, I wasn't totally convinced. I noticed no difference in my spots and found they tended to make my skin peel a little. However, I really can't make a good argument on just using two pads. 
  • Dr Weil Mega Bright Cleanser - Again, I only tried a small sample of this but I didn't like this product at all. The texture is strange; it's fluffy, like whipped-cream but when mixed with water it becomes far too foamy and was very stripping for the skin. 

ON THE 'TO-BUY/ - TRY' LIST:

Thanks for reading!
This post is not sponsored by Origins.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig