Monday 17 November 2014

What's On My Face #13:



Feeling rather retro were we today Emma?

To begin the classic look / to channel my inner Audrey, I begun with a very light base, using just a tiny amount of the Nars Tinted Moisturiser, and the Creamy Concealer in areas where I needed more coverage. I love the dewy finish these products leave my skin, especially in the winter when my skin tends to get dry.

For bronzer, I opted for the Benefit Hoola Bronzer - which was placed delicately along the cheekbones and temples, while the Nars Deep Throat blusher sat happily in the apples of my cheeks; giving a peachy flush and touch of shimmer. These two were not too over-powering for the bold lip to follow.

To balance out a bold lip, I wanted to cause a little drama to the eyes but in a natural way - to keep things minimalistic. Therefore, I defined my eyebrows using the Soap and Glory Archery Pencil and brushed them through with the Maybelline Brow Drama, to give a bold look. To achieve fluttery, voluminous lashes, I used the Clinique High Impact Mascara. Clinique seriously do the best mascaras, no drugstore or even another high-end brand will ever match the quality.

Now for the daring part of the makeup. I swiped on the Rimmel London Kate Matte Lipstick in 111 with a lip brush then smudged the product in with the bullet for extra impact. I love the matte finish; it makes your lips look bigger, is long-lasting, and a modern look is easily achieved, however, it can be a little drying and sinks in to the lines. Hello lipbalm!

Do you wear a red lip during the day?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig