Friday 11 December 2015

The Winter Mani

Blogmas: Day Eleven

Our hands can become so dry in winter that they somewhat resemble prunes, and our nails turn brittle and chipped. But nothing that a little at-home mani can't fix! Time to buff, shape, oil up and paint away. Things will look salon fresh within just a few minutes.

  1. Prep - Before I apply nail varnish, I like to remove any previous colour with Bourjois 1 Seconde Magic Polish Remover. Then it's time to grab the tools; a quick buff and file using the Soap & Glory Nail File is all I need to get my nails back in to tip top shape. This provides a nice base for fresh polish. To hydrate and repair cuticles, I turn to O.P.I Cuticle Oil I only apply this oil as and when I need to.
  2. Base - I always think the perfect mani begins with a perfect base. I personally use the Essie Prep 'n' Perfect kit. The Grow Stronger base coat strengthens weak nails, whilst the Good to Go topcoat provides a beautiful glossy finish.
  3. Paint - Go for whatever seasonal colour you wish. I love wearing reds and burgundys on my nails during colder months and I'm currently wearing Essie Red Nouveau - a stunning crimson red.
  4. Lotion - Finish it all off by giving yourself a little hand massage. Put some hand cream into your hands and thoroughly massage it in, pushing your fingers into your palms for a relaxing feel.

What nail colour do you love wearing in the winter?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig