I love London. Always have done and always will. I live just on the outskirts but every time I take the Tube into central London, I love it! During half-terms and other school holidays, my sister and I always plan a special trip into the city; be it for shopping or just for a good coffee and pastry. London is always buzzing with city workers, lost tourists, panic shoppers and humble locals; all which make the place special. And whatever part you go to, there's always something amazing happening; perhaps that's a local food market or even London Fashion Week. For the upcoming month, there's lots to do around the town - so hopefully you'll join us Londoner's for a good time...
|Instagram - @emmafox98|
- Silent Disco at The View inside The Shard - Pick your channel and choose your side as three DJs battle it out over separate wireless channels, playing the best in pop, rock and party classics, while you dance the night away at 1,000ft in the midst of the city skyline.
- The Breakfast Club Pancake Challenge - March = pancakes. The Breakfast Club is again setting diners the ultimate pancake-eating challenge in 2014. Order a plate of 12 pancakes and a timer will be set to 15 minutes. Gobble the lot and you bag the meal for free. Fail to clean your plate and you'll have to foot the £17.50 bill (which kindly goes to charity). The American-style pancakes are served with berries, cream and drizzled with maple syrup.
- Women of the World Festival - The three-day festival is scheduled to take place during the weekend of International Women's Day (on Mar 8). Through discussion, debate, music, theatre, film workshops and other events, women’s achievements are celebrated and the obstacles that prevent them from achieving their full potential and contributing to the world explored.
- Isabella Blow: Fashion Galore - Fashion doyenne, muse and aristocrat Isabella Blow devoted her life to discovering incredible fashion talent and championing the designers she discovered. Much of this spectacular show features pieces by them, most notably her protégées Philip Treacy and Alexander McQueen. The exhibition showcases Blow-a-like black mannequins complete with red cut-out lips and a wonky black bob featuring her most dazzling and photographed outfits.
- Great Spitalfields Pancake Race - Teams of four in wacky costumes will celebrate 2014 pancake day by running up and down Dray Walk, off Brick Lane, flipping pancakes to raise money for London's Air Ambulance. The winners receive a beautifully engraved frying pan, plus Cath Kidston baking gear!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade - a.k.a my birthday! In 2014 London's St Patrick's Day celebrations take place on Sunday March 16. The capital will happily watch the annual St Patrick’s Day parade; seeing the floats, including a five metre tall St Patrick and firebird. Of course, there will be lots of river dancing.
- The Great Gatsby 5D Movie Experience - A decadent film screening of Baz Luhrmann's ‘Great Gatsby’ followed by a glitzy after-party. Expect late-night fox trots, moonshine in teapots, feathers and flappers, bootleggers and millionaires.
- Mother's Day at Kensington Palace - Take your mother for a stroll around the palace and its gardens, then join with the ladylike pursuits at a Georgian-style tea party.
- The Spring Stitching Show - Those in need of inspiration or materials for a new craft project should head down to this large-scale knitting and stitching fair. Exhibitors will be selling specialist craft supplies, patterns and books, as well as ready-made arts and crafts. The show also includes workshops on dressmaking, knitting and crochet, plus appearances from leading craft authors.
- The Vogue Festival 2014 - Join me and my sister for a weekend of fashion fun. The festival includes some of the world's biggest fashion talents who come together for a weekend of interviews and discussions. The line-up for the 2014 event includes Karlie Kloss, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Alexa Chung, Manolo Blahnik, Tory Burch, Naomi Campbell, Franca Sozziani and more. Expect plenty of entertaining and inspiring workshops, performances and makeovers (we can't wait too!).