Sunday 26 June 2016

Farm Girl Café, Notting Hill


Prepare for a picture overload! I may of got a little snap happy during my sister's and I's adventure to Notting Hill. This neighbourhood is one of my favourites in London for so many reasons but I must admit, I have only ever explored it a few times. Upon reading Julia's (writer of Gal Meets Glam - one of my favourite bloggers at the moment!) blog post about her wandering around Notting Hill, Jess and I decided to recreate her day as it just seemed so beautiful, whimsical and perfect. 


Before we headed to the Farm Girl Café, we gazed in awe (and jealousy) as the quaint little houses. Notting Hill is synonymous with beautiful townhouses in every shade of pastel. If I were to pick anywhere to live in London, it would certainly be here.


After a little house snooping we headed over to the Farm Girl Café in Portobello. This Australian café values healthy, fresh and nutritious food - delivered in a warm, welcoming and very instagrammable environment. 


The food is shockingly fantastic, and you're if in need of a cool and delicious place to eat/ drink, this is you're best bet as the extensive menu has something for everyone. We popped in for some brunch and after seeing Julia's incredible photos of them, decided to have the Berry Pancakes and Rose Lattés. Both were mouthwatering-ly delicious and too good to even describe. I was expecting both to be a little too sweet, but they were just right. 

A whopper of a latté!

The buckwheat pancakes are drizzled with an amber maple syrup, and served with fresh berries and coconut shavings. They were huge but not too filling, making them all the more enjoyable to devour.

The next time I visit this place (which I'm considering will be all the time while I'm at uni, as it's not too far away!), I plan to have the Omelette or Acai Bowl for breakfast, or Chicken Sandwich or Garden Soup for lunch.


Then it was time to walk off some rather full tummies and explore some more of our favourite part of London town.


With thanks to Julia, we popped on over to St Luke's Mews which boasts some of the most beautiful mews houses I have ever seen. In all the colours of the rainbow and more, with balconies and rooftop gardens, these houses made my fingers tremble just taking a photograph of them. I'm pretty sure the pink one stole my heart, although there was a rather chic and sophisticated white one which caught my eye too.

Would you believe it but it was actually a rather warm and sunny day (until it rained later in the evening!). So my Zara kimono finally shed the dust it collected, and my sandals and sunnies saw a little peep outside too. To blend into the sophisticated surroundings, I opted for a chic and minimalistic look that also gave a nod to the 90's with the girlfriend jeans and choker. Since the outfit was rather muted in tone, I added a pop of colour with this beautiful orange Warehouse bag.

Sunglasses - Ray Ban
Top - Zara
Kimono - Zara
Jeans - Topshop
Choker - Topshop
Shoes - New Look
Bag - Warehouse
Watch - Michael Kors
Jess Look:
Top - River Island
Jeans - River Island
Bag - John Lewis
Sunglasses - Ray Ban
Watch - Marc Jacobs

We then roamed around the meandering streets before stumbling upon one of my Notting Hill highlights, the Wild At Heart florist. While this little 'island' in the middle of two roads makes the perfect place for a photoshoot or Instagram snap, the insanely beautiful range of blossoming flowers should be admired too.

The florist was set up in Westbourne Grove in 1993 and the turquoise building itself was designed by architect Piers Gough to create an elegant landmark to complement its neighbourhood.


Summer in London done just right.

Have you been to Notting Hill before?




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig