Thursday 2 June 2016

Four Outfits To Get You Excited for Summer


June is officially the first month of summer and I for one am totally excited (even if the weather here in London may resemble that in winter). I've now finished sixth form with only a couple of exams left, so summer and freedom is soon on the horizon for me. Bring on daily blogging, wild adventures abroad, endless cocktail parties and chilled family barbecues. Yet, while this season may be the best for its weather and atmosphere, dressing can sometimes be a little tricky. In a bid to stay cool or appear 'summery', we suddenly douse ourselves in some of the most hideous of clothing. But it doesn't have to be that way. Below I'm sharing you all a sneaky preview of what my summer wardrobe beholds. From crochet camis and embroidered denim, to broderie anglaise kimonos and 90's babydoll dresses. Here are four outfits to inspire your summer closet. 

Top - Zara, shorts - Topshop, rings - Acessorize
I'm absolutely head over heels for this crochet cami from Zara. Instantly I slip it on, I either feel like an Urban Outfitters model or the need to sprint across a beach with the waves crashing against my legs and the fiery sun blazing above me. Seriously it does! The loose and fluid linen that flutters from any movement, the hand-sewn crochet embroidery and the soft, sandy colours seem to bring out the inner free-spirit in me that is itching to release come summer. This top is definitely coming in my suitcase for my trip to Barcelona. 

Dress - Tosphop
I love this denim babydoll dress I picked up at Topshop a few summers ago. While there are some alternatives here and here, I haven't quite yet found a similar denim dress that has so much swing and freedom in its shape. Yet, I think the great thing about any simple denim dress is its versatility. Team it with a leather jacket, layered jewellery and black converse for a cool, urban look, or opt for a sleeker finish with a striped blazer and pointed ballet pumps. This dress is the perfect 'I-don't-know-what-to-wear' resolution.


This look is a more sleeker approach to summer dressing in comparison to the others above and below. I for one love minimalistic and chic summer-wear, as seen over on my Pinterest board, so this may just be my go-to look when the warmer weather arrives. The light, breezy fabrics of both the bardot top and paper-bag waist trousers make this outfit perfect for summer city exploring or holiday evening-wear; I know for sure I'll be taking this to Paris in August. Team the look with lace up, tan sandals, sleek aviators and a sporty watch.

Top - Pull & Bear, trousers - Topshop, watch - Michael Kors, sunglasses - Ray Ban

And last but not least, my favourite summer shorts. These flower-embroidered denim cut-offs from Topshop (similar here, here and here) barely separate from me come summer. I love wearing them with oversized white shirts and sleek black accessories for a sophisticated summer feel, or loose camis teamed with cardigans or kimonos for easy-breezy living. Speaking of kimonos, I adore this one I picked up at Zara a few weeks ago. The broderie anglaise simply shimmers and oozes in the sunlight, while the delicate chiffon makes this the perfect summer cover-up.

Top and shorts - Topshop, kimono - Zara
Now, London - where's your sunshine?!

What's your typical summer look?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig