Friday 1 August 2014

Tips for Touching Up On the Go...



You put your makeup on at 8:00am. You won't be taking it off until 9.00pm. A pretty average scenario. That allows a good amount of time for your makeup to oxidize, turn orange, melt off, smudge and turn cakey. But, when you need your makeup to last all day, there are a few tricks to help prevent these makeup mishaps. Having oily skin, means that touching up with powder throughout the day is essential for me. However, I sometimes want just more than a sweep of powder; a bit lippy, maybe concealer work and a refreshing spray too. Here are my top tips for keeping your makeup fresh and fancy...

  1. Keep an essentials bag - Wherever I go I always bring my small Cath Kidston Toiletry bag (which comes with a nifty little mirror too). It can be put in the washing machine which is perfect for if there happens to be any makeup spillages or perfume leaks. Inside, I keep all my touch-up essentials. It's tiny but can be bulked out if I need to bring a lot with me; and fits in all my handbags perfectly, taking up the smallest amount of room. 
  2. Start with a spritz - To begin touching up your makeup, start by spraying a little bit of the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. I can't even describe how much I love this product. It's a toner and a refreshing spray, packed full with antioxidants (and a beautiful, calming smell). Its amazing benefits include: brightening dull skin, smoothing away fine lines, hydrates, tightens pores and boosts radiance. But for makeup; it sets it all in place, smooths away creases, stops foundation turning orange and cakey, and replenishes your makeup as if you just applied it. A truly beautiful product that is my top must-have. 
  3. Grab a concealer - I rarely do this, but if I'm somewhere where I need to look my best and have a massive, obvious blemish - then this is definitely needed. Dab a bit of Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer on the under-eyes or on blemishes. 
  4. Blot it out - To re-set the makeup and to mattify, I always apply the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Translucent Powder. This keeps me matte pretty much all day, without it adding heaviness or looking cakey. 
  5. Time for Lippy - Always begin any lip product with a good swipe of lip balm; I for one love the Burt's Bees Lip Balm, before applying my all-time fave, Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie.
  6. Perfect the Kit - Before buying the amazing Real Techniques Mini Trio, I always took my full size brushes with me. It made the bag bulky and heavy. So, after purchasing these cute RT brushes, my bag is roomy, light and I even find my makeup applies beautifully with them. You get a mini Multitask brush (which can pretty much be used for anything, hence 'multitask'), a mini Foundation brush (I use this for concealer) and a mini Eyeshadow brush (I use this for concealer on blemishes and to blend in creased eyeshadow too). A winning trio!
What are your tips for touching up on-the-go?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig