Monday 25 August 2014

What's On My Face #6:




It's poured all day here in London. There hasn't been a glimpse of the sun for quite some time now; we might as well be in winter gear. To brighten dreary, drab days; I've been wearing a rather bright lip, to perk things up a bit. It just puts a huge grin on your face and makes everything feel better. Until the long lost sun returns, a bright lipstick is my best friend.

For a radiant, glowing complexion, I opted for a mix of Clarins Instant Light Perfector and Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. The two blend seamlessly, leaving your skin radiant and luminous. For extra coverage under the eyes, areas of redness and on blemishes, I used my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. To set all this in place, and to slightly mattify my t-zone, I dusted on a small amount of Soap and Glory One Heck of A Blot.

As I was going for quite a made up look on the eyes and lips; I kept it subtle for the rest of the base. Just a tiny hint of colour from the Body Shop Honey Bronzer and a mini of the Nars Blush in Deep Throat. This blush complemented the lip colour to follow perfectly, without overpowering.

To balance the eyes and lips, I chose a slightly bolder brow look than usual. I filled in any sparse areas with the Mac Eyeshadow in Omega and brushed it through with my all-time fave, Bobbi Brown Brow Gel. This combo gives a natural, full look. For eyes, I slick of the L'Oréal Super Liner was all I needed. Complete with a (somewhat wonky) cateye. Then for mascara, I decided on the Maybelline Falsies Mascara.

The pink pout is all down to the Korres Lip Butter in Quince. Yep, that's it. Oh the formula makes my heart melt just thinking about it! It's super moisturising, very pigmented, and although the gloss may leave after eating or drinking, the colour leaves a long-lasting stain; and finally it smells good enough to eat! You can dab the smallest amount on and receive a balmy finish with a tint of colour, or like me, add a generous amount and achieve a full-on pink pout. Personally, I think the colour does wonders for the complexion; it seems to lift and radiate the skin, while bringing out the colours in your eyes (not to mention make your lips look incredible!).

What's your favourite lip product? 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig